Lunch Friday?

Plans for Lunch on Friday?… PLEASE join me for Ladies Luncheon at Market Street.

Ladies Luncheon will be my LAST class in this wonderful cooking school.

After teaching at Market Street for 9 years, my heart is heavy as I report that an executive decision was made to close this school. They may reorganize in the fall but have made it very clear that outside instructors will not be used.

Meanwhile, the Market Street Staff and I are determined to go out with a BANG so join us for an amazing menu, some fun stories and a whole lot of fun!!

Ladies Luncheon
Friday, May 31st 11:00-1:00
Market Street, McKinney

Join us for a ladies lunch and learn in the cooking school. Sit back and relax as we prepare a lunchtime feast for the eyes and palette. We will start the menu off with delicious creamy Edamame Hummus served with fresh, crisp Lavash. Next, elegant and luscious Crab and Cucumber salad wrapped in butter lettuce stacked Caprese Salad with a sweet balsamic reduction, taste awakening Avocado and Grapefruit salad all served with puffy Popovers. We will round out the feast with satisfying Croque Monsieur and for a sweet finish addictive and sweet Cherry and Oat Crumble. Cost $35.00
972-548-5140

About Lorie Fangio

I am a lifestyle advisor with a passion for connecting families Around the Table for mealtime. We are becoming a society that doesn’t even speak to each other, texting and internet relationships are the norm and it is impacting our culture. I believe the human connection as we know it, is in danger. Finding time to spend together as a family unit can be difficult especially with dual family careers and children that are often hyper scheduled. My mission is to inspire families, with a no nonsense approach to real food. Gathering Around the Table is key to the foundation of familial relationships. Sitting down to a meal is much more than breaking bread, it is a bonding ritual for families that actually protects our kids from all the dangerous stuff in the world. With tips and techniques we can all get our families Around the Table!
This entry was posted in Food and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Lunch Friday?

1. Gary says:

I am sorry to hear they are not providing budget for you to continue your classes. Seems like your energy on that instruction would bring Market Street a lot of business. Maybe they will reconsider before fall.

2. hfinch85@aol.com says:

Oh Lorie! So sad! Boo! I never got to take a class. I guess 3am classes are out of the question?

Heidi Finch

Sent from Windows Mail

• loriefangio says:

Hi Heidi!
      So sorry you were not able to make it too! Not sure I could hold my eyes open at 3:00 am! You could always schedule a private, invite some girls and have a girls night in! So FUN!
      L

3. Victoria says:

Hello there, I wasn’t sure where to leave a comment. I stumbled upon your butter pecan cupcakes on YouTube and you had left a comment saying to come over to your blog for the recipe. These cupcakes are perfect! I’ll be making these for my dad’s birthday today.

Best,
    -Victoria

• Lorie Fangio says:

Wonderful let me know how you like them!
      Lorie

• Victoria says:

Could you provide me the recipe for them? I wasn’t able to find it. 🙂

-Victoria

2 ¼ cups flour
          Frosting
          4 cups powdered sugar
          1 teaspoon vanilla
          ½ teaspoon salt
          ¼ cup cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 24 muffin tins with baking cups. In a sauce pan melt butter with pecans and cook until pecans have browned. Pour off ½ cup of butter and reserve for frosting. Mix remaining ingredients reserving pecans, in a bowl and using an electric mixer beat well. Add pecans and spoon into prepared cups. Bake 19 minutes. To make frosting add salt vanilla and part of the powdered sugar to the bowl, beat adding cream and more sugar in intervals until all sugar is incorporated and frosting is desired consistency. Frost cupcakes once cooled.